Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Kindness of Strangers

In the world we all live in today, we always hear of the awful things that human beings can do to each other and I often wonder if there is any good left in the world, and if, in this scary time how can I do all I can to protect my baby, and help him to grow up and be a kind, loving, and an influence of good on the world? Well thanks to a kind-hearted couple I know that there is a great deal of good in the world, and thankfully you don't have to look to far to find it. Me and Chances 2 year anniversary was on the 28th, but due to traveling back from the holidays, and chance working that night, we did not have to opportunity to celebrate. That being said, last night Chance said he was taking me out to dinner, and he surprised me with Red Lobster, it was surprising because we are not the most wealthy of people at this present moment, and Red Lobster is on the expensive side, so needless to say I was VERY excited. Chance told me to order whatever I wanted...and I did, we even ordered an appetizer, which we NEVER do haha.

 As we were waiting for our food Chate found a new friend, a nice older man sitting in the booth next to us and his wife. Chate and him chatted it up and played for a long time, the couple was so nice, come to find out he was in investigator, and even knew where Ava was, thanks to some murder that he was investigating down there...any who....we talked to them the whole time until the food came. Our meals were so good! Let me also give props to those cheesy biscuits, I could eat bushels of those darn things, ugh mouth is watering as I think about them...yum. At one point in the dinner the man got up to use the bathroom, and when he came back they were getting up to leave, the man said bye to us, and shook Chates hand and gave him .50 to start a college fund with :). We thanked them for being so kind and entertaining Chate, and they went on their way, never to be seen again by us anyways. When we asked our waiter for the check  he said we didn't have one due to a very kind act. Wow, did this really just happen to us? I have heard of things like this happening before, but now that kind act was directed towards us, we were so grateful, and felt a lot of love towards a couple we didn't even really know. We also felt a little bad because the bill was not cheap, as this was our one night of going all out and ordering whatever we wanted. Such a kind, loving couple.

So I just want to give a shout out to that sweet couple and say thank you so much for making mine and Chances night, and may God bless you for being so kind. Chance and I now have the opportunity to pay that kind act forward, and we are looking forward to when that time comes. Thank you to all the kind souls who make this sometimes harsh world, so much better to live in, we all need to be a little more kind towards those around us and willing to help, this is my New Years resolution, and I pray that we can all do a kind deed when we see an opportunity, and bring joy into this new year of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment