Saturday, March 2, 2013

Overnight Date

Time alone, with just Chance and I have become very few these days, which is ok, because we LOVE spending time with Chate, but we were really ready to have some REAL alone time... So we called in the big guns... Grandma Kjar! Valentines Day weekend we booked a room at the Westin in St. Louis, and just threw our plans into the wind and did whatever the heck we felt like doing. I have to admit that I was nervous to leave Chate overnight, and I wrote what most people would think was a small book of instructions for my mom, not like she hasn't raised 5 kids or anything herself...But you know I just wanted to make sure everything went smoothly, and of course it went fine, and I only ended up calling once to check on things, yay me!

 Ok so, back to Chance and I...we set off on our fun night out together soon after my mom arrived. It was quite a strange feeling to not have to constantly worry about changing diapers, feeding, playing, and such and just focus on myself, and talk to my husband. I also have to admit that I even had butterflies and spent a little too much time trying to make myself look the best I could just for him, I think it was worth it :). We got to our hotel, which was very nice, and we just relaxed for a while and made dinner reservations at a restaurant called Mike Shannons. We got all dressed up, because hey this was date night ya know, and it was a fancy restaurant. We were one of the first couples to arrive seeing as it had just opened. The food was SO good, and worth every pretty penny we spent on it too. Chance even went as far as saying the steak he had was the best he had ever eaten, and he brought it up time and again for a couple days after, so that is saying something.

 After dinner we walked back to our hotel, we ended up going to bed at 10 seeing as we are now old folk and anytime after 10 we are pretty much zombie people. But I was bound and determined to not wake up at 6 o'clock, I would be sleeping in! YAY! That morning we got up and ate breakfast and went to the temple. We had not gone in over a year, it was so nice to be able to go again and partake of the sweet spirit felt there. Afterwards I was anxious to get home to my baby so we set out for home. It was just a really great night out and so good to reconnect with Chance and get to spend time with him.  I love that man so much, he was made for me, not to sound cliche, but I really do believe he is my soul mate. Just gets me the way no one else can. Love you babe, and I cannot wait for many more adventures together as we go throughout our lives. Thank you so much mom for watching our baby for us we appreciated it SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment