Monday, February 27, 2012

Jambalaya

In honor of Mardi Gras, I decided to go crazy and make a whole Cajun dish. I found a jambalaya recipe with rave reviews and decided, what the heck I will give it a try. I have never had this dish before and neither has Chance. We were brave soles, the recipe had sausage, chicken, and shrimp in it, all of which we love, so we thought this would be a treat for sure. Well the preparation and total cook time took about 2 hours, not exactly what I wanted to be doing for 2 hours, but I thought surely this yummy looking dish would be worth it. Needless to say when the jambalaya was done and we sat down to eat our feast, I didn't hear any  "yums" or "honey this is so good", and I was about feeling the same way Chance was. Dont get me wrong, it was not horrible, Chance and I learned that night that we are not Cajun food type people, and wont be needing to head down to Louisiana any time soon, sorry Bourbon Street Jambalaya, we were not very impressed....

No comments:

Post a Comment