Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kansas City Temple Open House

Not very often, if at all, does one have the opportunity to attend an LDS temple open house. But...Chance and I are that lucky! We live quite close to Kansas City, and were able to attend the open house along with his parents and grandparents! We left early Saturday morning to meet up with Chances family for a yummy lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. After lunch we headed over to the temple. We first watched a really great little movie about the Mormon temples, it helped those who have never gone to the temple before to better understand the importance of temples, and some of the things that take place inside. After the video we had hosts take us on a tour through the temple. We saw the baptismal room, session rooms, the Celestial room, and sealing room. The temple is such a beautiful and holy place, I absolutely love going to the temple, and taking in its beauty and spirit. Temples are so important to me because I know that without them I would not be able to have an eternal family, and live with them for eternity, and for me that is a big deal. I could not imagine life without my husband and children, and family. I want to be with them forever, and I know that by making sacred covenants with the Lord in the temple, and by keeping the commandments, I can have an eternal family. It is also so neat to be able to do this special work in the temple for those whom have passed on, this gives them the choice to decide whether to accept the gospel in their life and partake of these great blessings as well. For those of you who may live around the Kansas City area, this would be such a great opportunity to learn more about the Mormon temples, and to have the chance to see inside of the temple before it is dedicated. The open house goes until next Saturday, so don't miss out on this amazing experience! If you would like to learn more about the Mormon temples follow this link:
 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint Temples

Chance and I at the Kansas City Temple, Excuse my chubbiness, I am 31 weeks pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment