Tuesday, April 3, 2012

May the odds be ever in your Favor!

So I am sure that you have all heard about the highly anticipated move : The Hunger Games by now. Well my husband and I had been quite curious about these books, and the studious readers that we are, we thought we should get the books and read them along with the rest of the world, we aren't followers, we just like to be well informed :). Needless to say neither one of us could put the books down. Chance becomes like an addict when it comes to good books. He went to bed one night reading the book, and I woke up at almost 3 o'clock for my nightly bathroom run, and found him STILL reading! That is when I pulled my mom/wife card out and said "honey its time for you to go to bed you have school in the morning!" Silly boy, anyways it goes without saying that we both loved the books, and finished them at perfect timing because the movie had just come out.

 So my husband surprised me and got us tickets to see the movie the day after it came out. Now I have no idea why people compare this movie and book series to Twilight, because they are nothing alike, thus they should not be compared together, but I do have to say the Hunger Game movie was a million times better made than Twilight and I like the characters a ton more. We arrived to the theatre early thinking it would be jam packed, but we got the matinee and were pleasantly surprised that the enormous theatre was not so full. I stocked us up on candy and drinks at the gas station because who wants to by popcorn for 8 bucks, not us poor kids that's for sure. When the movie finally started after about a bazillion previews (don't you just love the hour long viewing of previews) the movie started. Chance watched the whole movie VERY intently and didn't say a word the whole time, he was so into it. I am happy to report we loved the movie and thought they did a great job of following the book, it was a little gory at times, rightly so, but I am dying to watch it again! I would recommend seeing the movie, and if you have not read the books, they are a great read, I couldn't put them down. The Hunger Games =  a Success in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment